Canon Pixma MX472 Setup Printer with Scanner and Download – Windows, Linux, Mac
Wireless setup without cd
Canon Pixma MX472 Setup, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software – the Canon Pixma MX472 does not have an Ethernet adapter however supplies Wi-Fi so you can link to a network. Except for the double duty of house and home-office printer, however, it’s unlikely that you’ll intend to share it on a network because of its restricted paper handling. The capacity is a weak 100 sheets, without any duplexer as well as no upgrade options.
The genuine advantage of attaching by Wi-Fi to an accessibility factor on a network is that it lets you capitalize on the printer’s Google Cloud Print assistance. Likewise under mobile printing is assistance for printing over a Wi-Fi link with AirPrint or with Canon’s totally free iOS as well as Android applications for printing to and also scanning from the printer. Furthermore, Canon’s Access Factor mode, which is a proprietary equivalent to Wi-Fi Direct, will let you link straight between the printer and a mobile device also if the printer isn’t really on a network.
For my tests, I connected the Pixma Canon MX472 to a system running Windows Vista, using a USB cord. Configuration is standard fare when it functions properly. Nonetheless, I ran into a minor issue with a Windows Panorama safety and security attribute maintaining the setup program from running. At this writing, Canon is still investigating the issue, but the business came up with a simple alternative to set up the vehicle driver and various other software. If you encounter the very same concern, you must have the ability to obtain the workaround by calling Canon’s tech assistance number.
The Canon Pixma MX472 printer’s rate on our examinations was unimpressive. On our business applications collection (timed using QualityLogic’s software and hardware), it came in at just 2.3 web pages per min (ppm), at 2.1 ppm. That’s not unusually slow for this rate range. The Epson Labor force WF-2530, as an example, took care of just 2.6 ppm. However, at 4.3 ppm, which is just one of the factors it’s our Editors’ Choice. Photo rate, similarly, was slow-moving however normal for the rate, balancing 2 mins 3 secs for a 4-by-6.
The printer ratings a little much better for result quality. Text goes to the reduced end of a limited variety where most inkjet MFPs fall, making it adequate for the majority of company needs. Graphics output, similarly, is at the reduced end of criterion, but conveniently good enough for anything approximately and also consisting of PowerPoint handouts and so forth. Image high quality is conveniently a match for what you would get out of pharmacy prints.
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MX492 Driver Download
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MX472 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MX472 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-click the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MX472 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exist in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MX472 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 (Linux)
Canon PIXMA MX472 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MX472 :
Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page and it means the installation is successful.