Before attempting to connect your PIXMA printer to your wireless network, please check that you meet the following two conditions:
- Ensure that you have an access point (sometimes referred to as a router or hub) via which you get an Internet connection. Your access point must be fully functioning before you go to the next step.
- Ensure that you have a computing device such as a PC, Mac, Tablet or Smartphone, from here on referred to as a computer, which is successfully connected to the Internet.
- In order to confirm whether the computer to be used with the printer is connected to the network, try to browse an Internet website from the computer,
PIXMA Printer Wireless Connection Setup
- Power on your Canon wireless printer after you have removed it from the packaging. Insert the ink cartridges when prompted on the screen. Your first printer ink cartridges are included. If you have a computer already connected to a desktop or Windows XP, skip to step 7.
- Print and scan the alignment sheet as prompted on the printer screen. Press OK when done.
- Insert the setup CD even if you are connecting your Canon printer via wireless network. There are printerdrivers created for wireless networks on this CD.
- Follow the CD setup instructions on the screen. Have the printer find the actual wi-fi network signal that you will be using and select that on the printer screen and on your computer. The wi-fi light will be on when the network is connected.
- Print a test page from your computer when everything is completed on the screen and if you are prompted by the Canon setup CD to do so.
- Go into printers and ensure Canon is set as your default printer. This will ensure all software will use this as your primary printer. There will be a check mark next to it.
- Go into printer setup and search for a printer connected via network on your computer. This may take a few minutes. You must enable printer and file sharing on both computers before you will be able to view a USB connected printer on a network.
- Select use this printer when it finds your printer. Make sure it is set to be the default printer and print a test page.